Last updated: 1 June 2018
- About this Notice
- What are cookies?
- Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
- Cookies have many different features, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Glass Fibre Europe) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites. Glass Fibre Europe does not permit the use of advertising or social media cookies on its website.
- How long do cookies last?
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, which means they only exist when your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser or quit the app. Other cookies are ‘persistent cookies’, meaning they survive after your browser or app is closed and can be used by websites or apps to recognize your computer when you re-open your browser or app later.
- When you visit our Website, we may place the following cookies:
|Types of cookie||Who serves these cookies||How to refuse|
|Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.||These are essentially first party cookies that are set by GlassFibreEurope.||Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver our Websites to you, you cannot refuse them.|
|Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality (like videos) may become unavailable.||These are first party cookies set by GlassFibreEurope or third party cookies (such as Google).||To refuse these cookies, please follow the instructions below under the heading “How can I control Cookies?”|
|Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.||We essentially use Google Analytics for analytics cookies. This is a third party cookie.||To refuse these Cookies, please follow the instructions below under the heading “How can I control Cookies?”|
- How can I control cookies?
- You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided in the cookie table above.
- For more information about cookies, including explanation about how cookies are placed on your device, or how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Updates to this Notice
- We may update this Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
- You can see when this Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Notice.
- For more information about how GlassFibreEurope is using your personal data, please read our Privacy Notice.
- Where can I get further information?